Thursday, March 16, 2006

oh that harbor bridge...

Hi all,
I have a bit of time this evening free to blog it up so here I am! So I have been in Australia officially for two months and 5 days. Its actually hard to believe its been that long! The weather continues to be hot and sunny, even though the summer is techincally over. We have now entered a period of time called "Autum" which is like well, Canadian summer, only warmer, and sunnier, and there's beaches. Ahaha everyone keeps saying that it is getting cold, i dont really believe them! I have a month and a bit left at youthworks, which is actually quite sad. I really love it here, even though some days are stressfull and kids can be so anoying!!
Some news on the home front, I just found out that I got into Regent College at UBC for a masters program! I still cant believe it!! I dont know if that is the plan for september yet, but its a goooood option!
You would all be glad to here that I a successfully converting Australians into Australians who are now dying to come to Canada, its funny how being away from your country makes you love it even more. As of now I have 3 people with serious commitments to come to Canada, and most likely work at OPC! sooo good! or fully sick, or heaps mad as the aussies would say!
So here are some more pics for your visual enjoyment :

This was last sunday morning, on my porch at work, with Susan and Ash, we made pancakes and had maple syrup...so good...everyone here is obsessed with maple syrup, i told them i make it in my backyard, next to where I keep my pet bears.


This is a pic of the opera house, there is a palm tree at the top part of the pic, but this website doesnt really show it well, this was one night in circular quay, one of the main harbor fronts in Sydney.

This is a little shot of the Harbor bridge, I had been on the top of it like 4 hours earlier! so crazy! There are some nice palm trees in this one too. although they arnt even an australian thing, some one brought them over cause they thought it would make the place look more tropical, hmmm

ok thats all for now!

bye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell all your Auzzie friends that the sap is now running in our maple trees. Your own personal supply from our single and only backyard maple tree should be excellent this year! (We don't get very taste sap from pine trees)I gave a tiny taste to your fav pet bear Winnie and he gave it the two paws up!
Treehuggin Mom

Anonymous said...

congratulations on UBC Melis!! that is amazing.. except that you'll be on the WRONG side of the country!!! :( COME ON!

~ Donalda.

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa, I am sitting in your parents dining room with Lulu and Mart-Mart and Susan and Andy... I think your dad is going to feed us anchovies. I am slightly scared. Congrats on getting into Regent, that's awesome! And I heard you have met a shaggy Australian man that you are bringing home! Woowhoo! ;) -Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,

It is Mrs. Theriault, now known as Lisa. I am sooooooooo proud at what you are doing now and perhaps your future plan for your Masters. I hope you do not mind that your dad gave me your blog address. I also gave it to Ms. McDonald. Here is my address if you wish:
ltheraiu@yahoo.ca

God Bless,

Lisa