Here are some pics from the last little bit...hope you enjoy!
The weekend before I started work at YouthWorks, I went to a convention with Jill's church in a city called Katoomba in the Blue Mountains. It is absolutly beautiful there and I had a great time! One afternoon we did a little site seeing and went out to see the three sisters, here they are below...
You can actually climb out on the "1000 stairs" and go to the first sister...its freeky but we did it..seriously your walking on stairs that are as steep as a ladder.... 
This little bridge takes you out so you can go on the first sister....i did it..the view is beautiful!

In the city there is tons of grafitti ... its weird but the city doesnt really care..because most of the time it looks amazing..i think it kinda goes with the surf culture..every year at new years they havea big sign on the Harbor bridge that lights up during the fire works display...this year it was the word eternity...because for years a homeless man in the city had been writing it on stuff...and you can find it all over the city...its pretty cool....anyway...this is a pic of che...on someones garage...pretty good if you ask me...

One night afterwork I went with a bunch of people to watch an Oztag game...its like the intermural version of rugby...but with weird rules...it was confusing...ahah...anyway its like ultimate frisbee around here...
hope that you are all well
lots of love
melissa

3 comments:
MELISSA!!!
Lindsay OFFNER here my girl... everything looks so so so amazing down under! OHHH the things you are experiencing, and the thousands of stories you'll bring back to us in Canada! sitting here with your FAB parents watching the Superbowl... hehehe, it's no crazy Australian rugby or anything, but we miss you all the same!
i love getting to read about all of your amazing adventures! keep em' coming! but stay safe, and i can't wait to keep hearing about EVERYTHING!!
much love girlfriend...
Linds
MELLLLLLLLISSA,
I love your blog.
I love being up to date with the going-ons of your new australian life.
I'm jelous.
Hamilton is the same as always, smelling and damp... and actually freezing and windy today.
I think when you come back we should go around trying to write one word all over hamilton until they make a huge sign of it in honour of our work...
YUP.
peace out.
Liane
Hey Mel!!
I love all your pictures. Im also very jealous as i live in my house with dead mice in the walls eew. I'm so glad you're having such an awesome time!
We'll have to have triangle get together when you get back. Say hi to susan for me.
luv ya
becca
Post a Comment